Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My Famous Grilled Ribeye Recipe


I LOVVVVVE to grill!  When I opened Three Sheets, one thing I knew for sure was that I wanted a Steak Night!  A lot of places would have Steak Night, but the steaks were not as flavorful as I liked em!  Okay, so I am asian!  Our idea of steak was thin slices of marinated eye of round, pan-fried (well-done, by the way) and served with jasmine rice, soy sauce and sriracha . . . I didn't really start grilling REAL steaks until I was in my twenties.  And I never ate my steak the right way (MEDIUM - RARE) until my (ex) husband forced me to give it a try . . . boy was I missing out on flavor!!!!

Here's the recipe (Serving for 4):

BUY:

  • 1/4in to 1/3in cut of Ribeye (lots of the fat on it)
  • 2 tsp onion powder
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 tsp white pepper
  • 2 tbsp minced garlic
  • A few dashes of steak seasoning (McCormicks Spicy Montreal Steak)
  • 1/2 cup oyster flavor sauce
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp Worcester sauce
  • 1 Shiner Beer
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 2-3 dashes of cayenne pepper


PREP:

  • Place all ingredients in a plastic bag or bin large enough to hold all the steaks
  • Best if you can marinade overnight in the fridge, but an hour should be okay.  Heck, it's always better to marinade overnight ;)


CUC:
Take the Steaks out of the fridge half an hour before you are ready to grill.  Use a half of an onion to clean the grill and oil the grill as it is getting hot.


I use a gas grill so it doesn't take very long for the grill to get hot.  This is where it gets fuzzy . . . I never pay attention to the actual temperature of the fire, I start the grill on a high fire to get it really hot, turn it down a notch when I'm ready to put the meat on.  I like to get the grill marks first, so starting it off on a hot grill will make those marks!  Once you put them on, don't move them around too much.  You should only have to flip them once.

I don't use a meat thermometer either, but it's BEEF!!!!  I can usually tell by the tenderness of the steak if it is medium-rare and ready to take off! So touch your meat! Getting a thermometer ain't such a bad idea :)

rare 120°F - 125°F; medium rare 125°F - 130°F; medium 130°F - 135°F

Always let the meat rest for 5-10 minutes before serving or cutting!

For an even more Asian twist, serve it with jasmine rice, a few slices of tomatoes and cucumber, squeeze some lime on top of that ribeye and top it off with sriracha!  YUMMMMM in the tums!

Enjoy ;)


2 comments: